Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Dinner sketch #2

I normally don't do too much dark stuff, but a friend got me thinking along a certain line, and hell, it is kind of fun. (pun unintended...)

The neat thing about this sketch, is that I didn't color it in any normal way. It started out a wishy washy bad scan like this:


I used Photoshop selection tools, levels and hue/saturation, and the dodge and burn tools to add the color. The texture is all from the paper itself, which is sort of newsprinty, and it came out when it was pushed around.
Even the eyes were circle selections, colorized and futzed with rather than painting with a brush. I think they add a certain Scooby-Doo element to our fiend, don't you?

1 comment:

  1. I'm sort of scared to ask what you were having for dinner that brought this sketch to mind.

    ReplyDelete